Posted on 2nd July 2017 at 16:07
Rollup fields can be defined to provide further business metrics by showing an aggregate value related to a specific record - such as the value of Open Opportunities agains an Account. In more complex situations you can aggregate data over a hierarchy of records (such as all parent/child accounts).
• Rollup fields are created in the same way as other fields. The field type must be the same as the field being aggregated – for example Currency for the Total Estimated Value of Opportunities.
• You can aggregate data by using the following functions: SUM, COUNT, MIN, MAX and AVG.
• Filters can be set on the source or a related entity. For example from an Account you can relate to Opportunity and then filter just Open Opportunities.
• Once set up the rollup field can be used in the same way as other fields, on Forms, in Views, Charts and Reports.
• Rollup fields and the calculated fields are complementary to each other. You can use a rollup field as a part of the calculated field, and vice versa.
Some examples of rollup fields include:
• Total estimated revenue of open opportunities of an account
• Total estimated revenue of open opportunities across all accounts in a hierarchy
• Total estimated value of qualified leads generated by a campaign
• Number of high priority open cases across all accounts in a hierarchy
Share this post: